All Professional Bodies, National Associations (e.g. Mental Health, School, Guidance, Addiction, Faith-based etc.) and Accrediting Organisations.
Universities and Other Education and Training Institutes
The University of Andorra offers a Bachelor of Nursing degree program. It aims to promote, maintain and restore health, in addition to caring for individuals, groups and communities. It also focuses on preventing unhealthy behaviors and habits.
Counselling Agencies, Services, Group Practices, Counselling Centres
Background & Context
Current Regulatory Status / Level of Recognition:
Counselling settings offered by institutes are as follows:
- Individual, couple and group treatments
- Treatments for children, adolescents and adults
- Therapy for bullying, violence, stress, depression, sexual assault, and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sexual and couples therapy
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Clinical hypnosis
- Family Therapy
- Online Psychotherapy
Challenges & Trends
Currently, there are some providers who are engaged in psychotherapy and counselling. However, there is no legal regulation of the profession. Universities do not offer training in this field and other training institutes have not been found. The field is very opaque.
Additional Information & References
Some counselling services such as.
- Institut de la Ment; Website: https://www.institutdelament.com/
- SomSalut; website: https://www.somsalutandorra.com/
Some psychological services, such as.
- Capsi – Centre Andorrà de Psicologia; Website: https://capsiandorra.com/
Andorra is a member of the “Small Countries Initiative.” WHO founded the initiative in 2013, and countries with a population of less than one million people can participate in the initiative. The main goal is to promote a joint political commitment to develop good health practices in the local area. (cf. World Health Organization 2020)l