All Professional Bodies, National Associations (e.g. Mental Health, School, Guidance, Addiction, Faith-based etc.) and Accrediting Organisations.
Universities and Other Education and Training Institutes
Universite de Cocody
- Universite Website: https://www.univ-fhb.edu.ci/
- Programme Website: https://www.univ-fhb.edu.ci/index.php/ufr-shs/
- Programme Types: Degree in Psychology, Master of Social Psychology, Master of Psychology of Educational Science, PhD in Clinical Psychology and Psychopathology, PhD in Genetic and Differential Psychology.
Counselling Agencies, Services, Group Practices, Counselling Centres
It is difficult to find information about counselling, and most counselling services or any related is only from external help
Background & Context
Historically they had better economies compared to other countries and good health care. However, because of the civil war they have faced it was set back.
Current Regulatory Status / Level of Recognition:
Mental health policy exists. However, there is no detailed information.
- Government services
- Non-profit organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Mental health centers
- Private clinics
- Psychological and social interventions are available only at tertiary hospitals
Challenges & Trends
- Uses traditional medicine
- Current legislative practice fails to protects Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Additional Information & References
For a deeper exploration of the counselling profession in the country, interested readers are recommended to read the following journal articles:
Maiga, D. D., & Eaton, J. (2014). A survey of the mental healthcare systems in five Francophone countries in West Africa: Bénin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger and Togo. International Psychiatry, 11(03), 69–72. doi:10.1192/s1749367600004549